Spam Jalapeno Poppers Recipe | Mythical Kitchen
- Published on: 3/11/2020
- Today, Mythical Chef Josh is showing you how to create Spam Jalapeño Poppers. Make your own with the recipe below! MK #008
Note that today's content was recorded in advance of the US outbreak of COVID-19. Please excuse any reference that is no longer accurate or seemingly disrespectful or unhealthy due to general effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Subscribe to Mythical Kitchen: https://www.youtube.com/mythicalkitchen?sub_confirmation=1
Check out our weekly podcast, A Hot Dog Is A Sandwich! https://www.mythical.com/hotdog
Click the bell icon so you'll know when we add a new video!
Want more Mythical Kitchen? Check out these playlists:
Fancy Fast Food - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJhk71Ip3rIzHOFY3Edw2pw
Snack Smash - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oKYv5beEZpH5hP8aA5ahGKQ
Food Fears - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oK6vh1N6DOYcdWzGyuAxjtN
Food Feats - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJI4IG7pZ-y792AHI4vIbWD
Pick up official Mythical Kitchen merch at https://mythical.com/collections/mythical-kitchen
Join the Mythical Society: https://www.mythicalsociety.com
Follow Mythical Kitchen:
Mythical Chef Josh's Instagram: https://instagram.com/mythicalchefjosh
Check Out Our Other Mythical Channels:
Good Mythical Morning: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmorning
Rhett & Link: https://youtube.com/rhettandlink
Ear Biscuits: https://applepodcasts.com/earbiscuits
Good Mythical MORE: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmore
Want to send us something? https://mythical.com/contact
Sushi Rice - 0:52
Spam Filling - 2:53
Fry ‘Em Up - 7:08
Total time: 45 minutes
Active time: 40 minutes
Step 1: Sushi Rice
* 2 cups short grain sushi rice
* 2 cups water
* 3 tbsp rice vinegar
* 2 tsp sugar
* 1 tsp salt
1) Wash your rice. (TECHNIQUE SPOTLIGHT) Fill a large mixing bowl with cold water and add rice. Quickly swirl your hand and empty the water, repeating twice.
2) Add water and rice to a medium sauce pan and heat over medium. Bring to a boil then turn the heat to the lowest setting and allow to cook for 15 minutes, or until all the water has evaporated.
3) While the rice is cooking, microwave together the sugar, salt, and vinegar for 15 seconds and stir to combine.
4) Let the rice stand for 10 minutes off the heat before adding the vinegar mixture and stirring with a spoon until combined. Let sit in the pan until room temperature.
* Large mixing bowl with water
* Medium sauce pan
* Wooden spoon
* Small glass bowl
Step 2: Spam filling
* 4 Jalapenos
* 1 cup vinegar
* 1 cup water
* 2 tsp salt
* 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
* 1 unopened can Jalapeno SPAM
* 1 ½ bricks cream cheese at room temperature
* 1 cup shredded cheddar
1) Combine water, vinegar, and salt in a medium sauce pot and bring to a boil. Remove the stems from each jalapeno, slice into rings, and add to a mason jar.
2) Heat oil over medium-high heat in a medium sautee pan. Cut the SPAM into small cubes then sautee in the pan until browned and crispy
3) Mix together cream cheese and jack cheese with a spoon until softened then add some spam cubes and fold them in.
* Medium sauce pan
* Chef’s knife
* Cutting Board
* Slotted Spoon
* Paper Towels
* Sautee pan
* Medium mixing bowl
Step 3: Fry ‘Em Up
* 1 bowl jalapeno SPAM cream cheese filling
* 1 bowl room-temp sushi rice
* 1 quart of vegetable oil
* Bowl of warm water
* Ranch for dipping
1) In a medium, heavy-bottomed sauce pot, add ½ inch of oil and heat on high until shimmering.
2) Wet your hands then add a small scoop of room temperature rice and pat it out with your hands until it becomes a thin sheet. Fill with a small mound of cream cheese filling then use your hands to form the rice into a ball around the filling.
3) Fry in the oil, gently turning with a spoon every thirty seconds until evenly browned.
4) Remove and let drain on a paper towel and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET THEM COOL BEFORE YOU DESTROY YOUR MOUTH AND INSIDES.
5) Dip in ranch.
* Medium sauce pot
* Slotted spoon
* Paper towels
- mythical kitchen mythical chef josh scherer nicole food taste test snack smash fears fancy fast recipe culinary cooking cook bake baking mythical chef josh culinary bro-down good mythical kitchen Spam Jalapeño Poppers Recipe | Mythical Kitchen spam jalapeno poppers cream cheese layne