Breakfast Casserole Recipes - Egg Bake Recipe - Eggs Spinach Mozzarella Cheese Casseroles - Jazevox13:39
Spinach Sunflower Bread Recipe - Prini - Cooking With Prini
- Published on: 9/15/2015
- Spinach Sunflower bread.. Enchanting Bread it is.. which is not only beautiful, but very tasty too.
2 cup All Purpose Flour (450gms) + 1/2 cup for dusting
1 packet of Dry Active Yeast (2 tsp)
1/2 cup warm water at 110°F/ 45°C
1 tsp sugar
i tsp salt
1 tbsp Vegetable oil
1 tsp Garlic, minsed
3/4th cup Spinach, boiled
1/2 cup Ricotta cheese
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
2 tsp Oregano + 1tbsp for dusting
Salt to Taste
2 tsp Pepper
Melted Butter for brushing
1. Dissolve 1 teaspoon sugar and yeast in warm water in a small bowl. Let this rest for 5-10 minutes or until the yeast is activated.
2. In another bowl add in the flour, salt, vegetable oil and the activated yeast mixture and mix this with a fork. It will form like a sticky dough. Then knead this by hands for around 5 minutes using all purpose flour for dusting till it becomes smooth and soft. Form this into a ball.
3. In yet another bowl, lightly oil it and place the dough just made and brush this with some more oil. Cover it and let it rest in a warm spot (microwave/oven switched off) for about 1 1/2-2hrs or until its doubled in volume.
4. Pat dry the boiled spinach then chop it with a sharp knife. Mix dry spinach with ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and season with salt, pepper and oregano.
5. When the dough has risen, transfer it to a floured surface and punch out the air. Then roll it into a cylinder and divide it in 2 equal parts.
6. Take one of the balls of dough and roll it out to a circle of around 9inch. Then use a plate for a template, press it down lightly on the circle to get an indentation and using a pizza cutter cut the extra off. Then move this onto a parchment paper
7. Place part of the stuffing in the center of the circle and the remaining creating another circle around, like a donut shape.
8. Roll out the other part of the dough exactly the same way.
9. Cover the first circle and the filling with the second circle and pinch the sides with your fingers.
10. Place a small bowl/glass over the central stuffing.
11. Using a sharp knife cut the stuffed dough width of 3cm/1.2inch slices/strands.
12. Turn them upside 90° so that it resembles the shape of a sunflower. Now cover this and keep it for resting for another 30 minutes.
13. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F and when the dough has risen, brush it with melted butter so it gets a good golden brown colour. For some extra sunflower effect sprinkle oregano in the centre portion.
14. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
15. Leave to cool before serving.
- Spinach (Food) Bread (Food) Food (TV Genre) Kitchen Cook Cooking (Interest) Recipe (Website Category) Cook (Profession) Restaurant Recipes Bbq Barbecue (Cuisine) cooking with prini Dinner Baking (Industry) Food Processing (Industry) Frying (Culinary Technique) Italian Food (Industry) Cheese (Food) Yeast (Product Ingredient) Sunflower (Food) Beauty (Quotation Subject) Flour (Ingredient) Oregano (Food) Addiction (Quotation Subject) Breadstick (Dish)