Gajar Halwa with a Twist | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
- Published on: 2/26/2015
- An innovative recipe of gajar halwa which you must give a try.
GAJAR HALWA WITH A TWIST
3 medium carrots, halved
½ liter milk
¼ cup blanched, peeled and chopped pistachios
2 teaspoons almond slivers + for garnishing
¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
½ cup condensed milk
¼ teaspoon vanilla essence
½ cup vanilla ice cream
Warq for garnishing
1. Pressure cook carrots in a non-stick pressure cooker till the pressure is released three times (3 whistles). Cool.
2. To make gajar halwa, boil milk in a non-stick pan for 5-10 minutes. Add pistachios, almonds and cardamom powder and mix well.
3. Remove the carrots and grate them in a bowl.
4. Put the grated carrot in a non-stick pan and roast till the moisture completely evaporates. Add condensed milk and mix well. Cook till the mixture is well combined.
5. Add vanilla essence and cool to room temperature.
6. To make ice milk mould, put the prepared milk mixture in a silicon container till ¼th of the container is filled. Keep in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
7. Put a bowl upside down in the set milk mixture and pour the remaining milk mixture. Keep the same silicon container in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
8. Grind the prepared gajar halwa alongwith vanilla ice cream till smooth.
9. Fill the piping bag with a ground mixture and keep in the refrigerator again for ½ an hour.
10. Remove the ice milk mould and use it as a serving plate, pipe out the chilled gajar halwa on it, garnish with warq and almond slivers. Serve chilled.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor
- Sanjeev Kapoor master chef NAME recipe video Indian Cuisine India Chinese Italian food beverage biryani masala pulao naan tikka chicken fish prawn shrimp mutton rice palak paneer tandoori tandoor samosa paratha gravy curry dal butter spinach cheese potato garlic ginger chili tomato onion spices south fast dried fried roasted baked soup salad diet health apple orange cooking recipes sweets chocolate khana khazana zee