Texas Style Ribs | Recipe for Smoking Ribs from Malcom Reed
- Published on: 5/5/2016
- Texas Style BBQ Ribs | Smoked Pork Ribs
For more barbecue and grilling recipes visit: http://howtobbqright.com/
With these smoked ribs, I decided to take some pork spare ribs and smoke them Texas style. These Texas style ribs just get a dose of salt and pepper, then smoked and basted with a mixture of water and apple cider vinegar.
These Texas style pork ribs are simple and so juicy and delicious. You can serve these smoked ribs with sauce on the side, but I like to eat them just the way they are – throw in some Killer Hogs Hot Pickles and you are ready to go.
Here is the recipe for my Texas Style Ribs recipe.
Ingredients for Texas Style Ribs :
- 2 slabs St. Louis Spare Ribs
- ½ cup Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Water
- ½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
Directions for Texas Style Ribs
- Prepare Smoker for indirect cooking at 275⁰.
- Remove ribs from packaging, trim excess fat and remove membrane from bone side.
- Combine Salt and Black Pepper in a bowl and pour into a shaker bottle.
- Season ribs liberally on both sides with salt/pepper mixture.
- Place ribs on smoker and add pecan wood chunks to the fire for smoke.
- Mix Water and Apple Cider Vinegar in a spray bottle.
- Spritz ribs every 45 minutes.
- After 2.5 hours remove ribs from smoker, spritz with vinegar mixture and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Return ribs to smoker and continue to cook for approximately 2 hours. (Check ribs for doneness after 1 hour and every 15 minutes after. Once desired tenderness is reached pull of smoker)
- Rest ribs for 15 minutes and serve.
For Killer Hogs BBQ Sauce, Rub and Competition BBQ equipment, visit: http://howtobbqright.com/bbqshop/
- Malcom Reed HowToBBQRight How To BBQ Right bbq pork ribs smoking ribs texas bbq smoked ribs barbecue ribs smoked pork ribs ribs recipe texas style bbq Texas Style Ribs