My special brunch! Chris doesn't get a look in...
- Published on: 2/11/2021
- Eggs and kale sounds boring I know! But this is my luxury (non-diet!) version, with creamy cheesy kale and soft golden egg yolks. An easy one-pot breakfast or lunch - ready in under 10 minutes.
My absolute favourite grown-up version of dippy eggs and soldiers.
Free printable recipe is available on our site: https://www.kitchensanctuary.com/creamy-eggs-and-kale-breakfast/
▢4 tbsp heavy/double cream
▢35 g (⅓ cup) kale - chopped
▢25 g (¼ cup) grated cheddar cheese
▢1 large egg
▢pinch of salt and pepper
▢Toast 'soldiers' for dipping - optional
1. Heat the 4tbsp of cream in a small frying pan over a medium heat until hot, but not boiling.
2. Stir in the 35g (⅓ cup) kale and sprinkle on all but a pinch of the 25g (¼ cup) of grated cheese.
3. Place a lid or some foil on the pan and allow the kale to wilt on a low heat for 1 minute.
4. Take off the lid, and make a well in the centre of the kale (make sure the well is big enough for the egg white to spread out, so it cooks quicker than the yolk).
5. Crack the egg into the well and sprinkle with the reserved cheese and a pinch of salt & pepper.
6. Cover the pan again and cook on a low heat for 5-7 minutes until the white of the egg is cooked, and the yolk is cooked to your liking.
7. Serve from the pan either on it's own, or with toast for dipping.