Simple & Delicious Flax Seed Cookies / Macaroons
- Published on: 10/6/2015
- Simple ingredients, simple prep for making healthy, delicious cookies.
You’ve probably heard about these in the news and maybe sprinkled in your bread that you’ve bought from the store. The good news on these is that they are powered packed with goodness. They have Omega 3 oils (the good kind of oils) to help combat all sorts of health issues. This same oil is found in salmon, olive oil and algae. The good thing about flax is that it is really inexpensive and anyone can eat it… vegetarian or not. For vegetarians, flax is, literally, essential because we aren’t getting the Omega 3 oils from fish.
Healing properties of flax seeds:
- Has been found to help bring down inflammation and pain
- Can be anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial
- Seeds have been found to have anti-cancer properties
- Helps with constipation and supplies roughage in the colon
- Helps with joint and muscle pain
- Skin conditions such as eczema, rashes and psoriasis
- Can help reduce arthritis pain and swelling
Read more and subscribe to Dr. Arjan's health tips
1 c ground flax seeds
1 c almond flour
pinch of salt
1/2 c maple syrup
1/4 c water (add more water if needed to make a stickier consistency)
Line cookie tray with parchment paper. Oil your hands to prevent dough from sticking to palms. Take a spoon-sized ball of dough out and roll into a round ball with your hands. Place on parchment paper and flatten slightly. Once you've used all of the 'dough', place in preheated 375 degree oven for 16 minutes. These are best eaten warm or within 1-3 days.
I hope you enjoy the video and recipe! Please share feedback or your own recipe in the video comments.
- Seed (Food) Flax (Organism Classification) Food (TV Genre) Simple Cookie (Type Of Dish) Macaroon (Dish)