Skillet Bread Four Cheese Spinach Dip
- Published on: 3/1/2018
- Skillet Bread Four Cheese Spinach Dip is an amazing dish you can prepare whenever you have friends invited and want to get an impressive dish with less effort involved. It is easy to prepare and you can either choose to make this from scratch, making your own dough or you can use leftover pizza dough or store-bought dough.
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog:
Makes about 8-10 servings
3 cups (375g) all purpose or bread flour
1 tsp (5g) salt
20g fresh yeast (or 2 tsp active dry yeast)
1 cup (240ml) warm water
1 tsp (5g) sugar
2 tbsp (28ml) olive oil
Four Cheese Spinach Dip
8 oz (230g) spinach, frozen, thawed, drained and chopped
8 oz (230g) cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup (100g) Mozzarella cheese, grated
1/2 cup (50g) Cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 cup (25g) Parmesan cheese, grated
1 clove garlic
2 spring onions, diced
Red pepper flakes, optional
1/2 tsp (3g) salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Prepare the bread dough. Stir yeast with sugar until it liquifies. Dissolve in about ¼ cup (60 ml) warm water. In a large bowl mix flour with salt. Add dissolved yeast, oil and ¾ cup warm water. Mix everything together then knead until smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
2. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it sit for about 1 hour at room temperature, to let the dough rise until doubled in size.
3. Onto a floured surface turn the dough, knead for few seconds and divide into 16 pieces. Form into balls.
4. Grease a 9 inch (23 cm) cast iron skillet with butter and the outer side of a 5 inch (13cm) diameter bowl. Place the bowl in the center of the skillet and arrange the dough balls around the outside of the skillet.
5. Brush the dough with melted butter, Cover the skillet with plastic wrap and let rise for another 30 minutes.
6. Meanwhile preheat oven to 350 F (180C) and prepare the spinach filling. In a bowl add cream cheese and mix until smooth. Add the rest of ingredients: chopped spinach, Mozzarella, Cheddar, Parmesan cheese, green onion,garlic, red pepper flakes if used, salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
7. Remove the bowl from the center of the skillet and add the spinach dip into the center of the skillet.
8. Brush the dough with melted butter and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
9. Bake for about 30 minutes until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
10. Let it cool slightly for 5 - 10 minutes before serving.
Background music: Music from Artlist.io - http://bit.ly/2GQCRdp. Title: "Lagoon". Artist: J.A.K.
- skillet bread spinach dip skillet appetizer four cheese spinach dip four cheese dip