Naxos. Amazing Greek Island + NUDE Beach, Dunes & Graffiti at an Abandoned Hotel
- Published on: 7/22/2018
- We were delighted (!!) and surprised by the awesome day we spent exploring the cedar forest of Alyko in Naxos, Greece! We weren’t sure what to expect but found some amazing spots along the way during our afternoon.
We encountered many cedar trees in this protected forest along with a few different beaches. Kedros beach was the first and had a whole lot of nudists on it, second was Hawaii Beach which had a few nudists but not many, and lastly was Alyko beach.
In between the beaches we came upon an old abandoned hotel, we explored a bit and found some fantastic graffiti/street art on some of the walls of the building. They were done by well known artist WD who is originally from Bali Indonesia. We also fly our drone (DJI Spark) over the abandoned hotel and the nearby water.
Lastly we take you on a tour of our hotel (nearby Alyko) called Faros Villa, here we fly the drone again and give you a tour of our room.
More info about the hotel and to book: https://www.farosvilla.gr/
The Endless Adventure in Athens (featuring us):
The Best Views in Athens: https://www.201tube.com/video/1dlej9H8IMk/video.html
Naxos is an island in Greece, with 429 square kilometres the biggest of the Cyclades group. It's located right in the centre of the Aegean Sea. Roughly 20,000 people live on the island and it's a popular tourist destination, including some fine beaches and ancient ruins as well.
Naxos has a mild Mediterranean climate with warm, sunny and dry summers and mild but wetter winters. Summers from June to September average around 25-27 degrees Celsius during the day and still above 20 degrees at night. The influence of the sea means that it never feels oppressively hot and nights are kept nice and warm as well.
The cedar forest of Alyko:
The forest is situated in the area "Alyko" on the southwest side of Naxos Island. It is a great and unique forest in Greece, of Junipers(Cedars), which covers almost the entire sandy peninsula of "Kouroupia" cape, with an extent of 1000 acres!
One of the cleanest and most beautiful beaches in Samos is Kedros. Samos is generally gifted with a wonderful landscape of vast vegetation with tall pine trees and fresh air. It is located 5km northwest of Vathi, the capital of Samos. The beach is mostly unorganized, thus quite isolate and calm. However, the best feature of Kedros is the blue crystal waters that remain clean throughout the whole summer. The white pebbles are dragged through the depths of the sea, but there is sand after some meters.
The beach has no tourist infrastructure, the nearest tavern is 1 km away and the nearest mini market is 1.5 km far. Alyko is a beautiful area that consists of a few coves. The south and biggest cove (landmarked by Saint George chapel -on the right side as we approach the beach) is the most popular and best with fine and whitish sand and azure waters. The whole area is ideal for snorkeling. In Alyko there is a cedar trees forest and a small pier where sometimes day cruise small boats stop over.
Faros Villa hotel: Faros Villa small hotel and restaurant consists of 7 unique room types suitable for couples, families and singles. The property is also ideal for family reunions, weddings and several events! The maximum capacity of the Villa is 21 guests! Every room is tastefully decorated to welcome guests in a traditional and comfortable setting. Light and airy, each room has its own charm and is equipped with private balcony for day or night dreaming! All accommodation types are cleaned daily and include, private bathroom, fridge and utensils, self-controlled air-conditioning, TV, hair dryer, safe box, balcony furniture, hot water on a 24-hour basis, view to the sea and sunset or Zeus Mountain and the beautiful hills.
► SUBSCRIBE! - http://bit.ly/1M4etCO
► FOLLOW US
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/delightfult...
○ Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/deltravellers
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/delightfultr...
○ Newsletter: https://bit.ly/2QgKRbK
○ Website: https://www.delightfultravellers.com
► SUPPORT US
All and any support we receive helps us to travel more and upgrade our camera gear- meaning it helps us to create more and better quality content!
○ PayPal (Tip Jar): https://paypal.me/delightfultravellers
○ Sign up for AirBnB (Save up to $40 ): https://bit.ly/2L7unjD
○ Book hotels through Booking.com: https://booki.ng/2VBaKaa
► OUR GEAR
○ Store: https://amzn.to/2ArrQ1l
○ Camera: https://amzn.to/2L11lnv
○ Tripod: https://amzn.to/2Uo7fDc
○ Drone: https://amzn.to/2E8y6NT
○ Go Pro: https://amzn.to/2UwauJ4
○ Hard Drive: https://amzn.to/2VpVQU7
○ SD Card: https://amzn.to/2CMk2Zp
○ Charger: https://amzn.to/2s7ese6
► CONTACT US
○ Email: email@example.com
- Naxos Naxos Greece Things to do in Naxos What to do in Naxos things to visit in Naxos Naxos vlog beaches in Naxos best beaches in Naxos quiet beaches in Naxos nudist beaches in Naxos Alyko Cedar Forest Naxos Alyko Naxos Kedros Beach Naxos Alyko Beach Naxos Aliko Beach Naxos Hawaii Beach Naxos street art in Naxos where to find street art in Naxos abandoned hotel Naxos abandoned hotel Alyko Faro Villa Naxos where to stay in Naxos best hotel in Naxos