How To Make Chorizo
- Published on: 4/22/2015
- FULL RECIPE BELOW
Learn how to make homemade chorizo links with our culinary chef in this video cooking demo!
CHORIZO RECIPE: http://www.escoffieronline.com/how-to-make-chorizo/
3 lbs pork shoulder
2 tbsp of salt
9 Guajillo peppers
6 Ancho peppers
1 cup of apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp of paprika
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 bay leaves
1/3 tbsp ground black pepper
½ tbsp of ground cumin
¾ tbsp Mexican oregano
½ tbsp dry marjoram
½ tsp coriander seeds
½ tsp dry thyme
½ tsp ground allspice
1. Cut pork shoulder into small pieces. Place the meat in the refrigerator, this will make the meat easier to handle.
2. Setup your grinding attachment in your mixer with the coarser blade and grind the meat.
3. Wipe the peppers clean. Remove the stems and cut lengthwise. Remove seeds, toast the peppers in a pan and place in a bowl. Cover with hot water and let sit for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, grind the spices and dry herbs using a spice or coffee grinder.
5. Discard water and place the peppers in a blender. Add the vinegar and garlic cloves and puree until smooth; strain through a fine strainer, set aside.
6. Place the ground pork in a large bowl. Add the ground mixture of herbs and spices. Mix well. Add the chili sauce and combine until well mixed.
7. Stuff pork mixture into casings.
8. Place in the refrigerator for a day to season in a well-covered glass container. This step will enhance the flavor better.
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/escoffier-cooks-companion/id572412557?mt=8
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com/
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Google +: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+escoffieronline/posts
- Chorizo (Food) How-to (Website Category) how to make chorizo chorizo recipe how to make homemade chorizo homemade chorizo homemade chorizo recipe escoffier online online culinary school culinary school cooking class