How to Make a Perfect Ratatouille
- Published on: 10/10/2017
- Ratatouille is a masterpiece of French cuisine. A simple step-by-step recipe will help you to make this incredibly tasty dish.
Subscribe to our channel, all the tastiest recipes are yet to come!
Ingredients for sauce:
Tomatoes – 2 POUNDS (900 gr)
Pepper – 8 OZ (250 gr)
Onions – 7 OZ (200 gr)
Carrots – 7 OZ (200 gr)
Celery stalk – 3 OZ (100 gr)
Chili pepper – 2 OZ (60 gr)
Clarified butter- 2 OZ (or regular butter) (60 gr)
Garlic - 2 cloves
Herbs de Provence - 1 tbsp.
Salt - 1 tbsp.
Sugar - 1 tbsp.
Ingredients for the top layer:
Zucchini - ½ pound
Eggplant - ½ pound
Marrow squash - ½ pound
Tomato – 10 OZ
Potato – 7 OZ
Onion – 7 OZ
Pepper – 5 OZ
Olive oil – 2 fl Oz
Salt - 2 tsp.
1. Put peppers into the preheated oven 350°F (180 °C) for 20 minutes.
2. Slice a shallow X on the tomatoes and put them into the boiling water for 10 minutes.
3. Blend the tomatoes.
4. Fry with olive oil onions, carrots and celery stalk. Add clarified butter.
5. Pour in tomato puree and add some bay leaves.
6. Peel the roasted peppers, chop and add to the pan.
7. Add herbs de Provence, garlic and chilli.
8. Cover the pan and simmer for 60 minutes, then remove the lid and simmer for another 30 minutes.
9. Slice vegetables - 3-5 mm rings. Put eggplant and marrow squash into the bowl with cold salted water for 20 minutes.
10. Add thyme and basil, then blend it a little bit.
11. Spread the sauce in a mold, lay out the vegetables, alternating the sequence.
12. Make a dressing of olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour the vegetables with it.
13. Cover the mold with foil and send to the preheated to 350°F (160°C) oven for 90 minutes.
14. Take off the foil and roast for another 40 minutes.
15. Serve hot with parmesan and parsley.
Our French Café
Media Right Productions
- recipe tasty simple easy fast snack perfect delicious meal dinner ratatouille vegetables zukkhini eggplant holiday celebration best new dish thanksgiving tomatoes mold bake pretty masterpiece video easy-to-follow vegetarian pescaterian coolcooking cool cooking