“Dreamers” in the U.S. are returning to Mexico on their own
- Published on: 3/19/2018
- Much has been made recently about the current U.S. administration’s attempt to deport more than half a million Mexican kids brought to the U.S. illegally by their parents. These young undocumented nomads are called “Dreamers.”
Over the years the Dream Act granted them a pathway to citizenship. And an Obama-era executive action called DACA protected them from deportation. But with legislation in jeopardy many have given up waiting for their American Dream to come true and have returned to Mexico on their own.
The Mexican government says an average of 50,000 Dreamers are returning each year.
As Correspondent Mike Kirsch reports some are calling it a win for Mexico and a loss for the United States.
Watch CGTN LIVE on your computer, tablet or mobile
Subscribe to CGTN America on YouTube
Follow CGTN America:
»» Watch CGTN ««
Washington, DC (and greater area)
• MHz - Channel 3
• COMCAST (Xfinity) - Channel 273
• FIOS - Channel 277
New York City
• Time Warner - Channel 134
• FiOS (Verizon) - Channel 277
• Charter Cable - Channel 562
• Time Warner - Channel 155
• DISH TV - Channel 279
- @cgtnamerica CGTN Education DACA DREAMERS Mexico Latin America Americas Now