Traditional Newfoundland Chicken Thigh Casserole - Bonita's Kitchen
- Published on: 9/24/2017
- Welcome to Bonita's Kitchen!
Today we will be making Chicken Thigh Casserole baked with delicious vegetables and mushroom soup sauce.This is a quick a easy meal for any time of the week. Enjoy
6-8 Pieces Skinless and bone in Chicken Thighs
3 Medium Potatoes
1 Medium Onion
3 Strands Green Onions
3 Garlic Cloves
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Cup Water or Chicken Broth
1 Cup Rice of choice
1. Peel potatoes, carrots and onion and cut in rings put in cold water.
2. Then you will need a large casserole dish, drain and add all vegetables then add your rice to the casserole dish.
3. Add crushed garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper.
4. In a small bowl mix together water/broth and cream of mushroom soup mix together then pour over vegetables.
5. Then evenly add your chicken thighs and more sea salt and black pepper, top with chopped green onion, cover with foil wrap.
Put in a pre-heated 350° oven for 1.30 minutes. Half way through remove foil wrap let start to go golden brown then, the last 15 minutes put foil wrap back on until time is up.
You can cook this meal in a slow cooker just follow the above steps and put lid on and set the temperature to low, cook until tender.
I apologize in advance if anything in this video is not clear or miss read, please follow my recipe when making this dish.
Thank you for watching Bonita's Kitchen, and don't forget to subscribe for more Traditional Newfoundland Recipes and Cooking!
- newfoundland cooking newfoundland meals newfoundland recipes newfoundland cooks newfoundland chefs newfie cooking newfie meals newfie recipes newfie cooks newfie chefs maritime cooking maritime meals maritime recipes maritime cooks maritime chefs traditional cooking traditional meals traditional recipes east coast cooking east coast meals east coast recipes east coast cooks east coast chefs bonitas kitchen