The $1,000,000,000 North Korean Bank Heist
- Published on: 8/6/2018
- Official Kento Bento Merch: https://standard.tv/kentobento
Support us on Patreon: https://patreon.com/kentobento
Download Dashlane for free to manage all your passwords: https://dashlane.com/kentobento.
If you then want to upgrade to premium, use the code "KENTOBENTO" for 10% off.
Business Inquiries: email@example.com
Other videos you may like:
These Events Will Happen in Asia in 2020: https://www.201tube.com/video/qrataK7FxRA/video.html
This Is The Greatest Art Heist in Chinese History: https://www.201tube.com/video/9LDVQYfeseo/video.html
How Macau Became North Korea's Base of Operations: https://www.201tube.com/video/BQ5x8riJ6SA/video.html
This Is The Greatest Bank Heist in Chinese History: https://www.201tube.com/video/qW0uzPJEO10/video.html
How North Korea Held the Greatest Pro Wrestling Event in History: https://www.201tube.com/video/U_ZkqfSpbg4/video.html
How Would You Take Down North Korea? (The 7 Choices): https://www.201tube.com/video/VM_fzaWAybw/video.html
Music from Epidemic Sound: http://epidemicsound.com
We do videos on intriguing & thought-provoking Asiany topics, including stereotypes, history, culture & geography.
Researcher: Kento Bento, Isambard Dexter
Writer/Narrator: Kento Bento
Illustrator: Charlie Rodriguez
Video Editor: Kento Bento
Official Cheerleader: Nina Bento
[THE $1 BILLION NORTH KOREAN BANK HEIST]
Bangladesh, February 7th, 2016.
The director of the Bangladesh Central Bank got off the elevator on the ninth floor, and headed to the back office of the Accounts and Budgeting Department - this was the most restricted part of the building. He was there to deal with a problem; one that had been plaguing the office the last few days. You see… the printer wasn’t working; this was kind of a big deal. It was causing a real disruption.
The automated printer (which was hooked up to the bank’s software) was supposed to work round the clock, 24/7, printing out the bank’s transaction reports in real-time; due to this technical glitch however, the printer tray remained empty.
Much of the day was spent trying to fix the issue; and after a great deal of effort, there was success - they were able to restart the printer. And so the backlog of transaction reports started rolling out, one by one. Now, it soon became apparent that something wasn’t quite right. There were more statements than expected....
The video covers:
- Bangladesh Bank
- SWIFT security system
- World banking
- Fraudulent transactions
- Billion dollar heist
- Cyber-heist / cyber-attack
- RCBC Bank in Philippines
- Malware hacking
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York (New York Fed)
- Electronic money transfers
- Pan Asia Bank in Sri Lanka
- Deutsche Bank
- Money laundering in casinos
- Single biggest heist in history
- Cyber security experts
- Sony Pictures Hack 2014
- Kim Jong-un in The Interview
- North Korea's state funded bank robbing
- Macau's & Pyongyang's financial relationship
- bangladesh bank bangladesh dhaka central bank swift swift system banking world banking billion dollar heist bank heist bank heists biggest bank heist cyber heist cyber attack malware hacking new york fed electronic money transfers money laundering cyber security lazarus lazarus north korea sony pictures hack the interview kim jong-un north korea robbing banks north korea attack bangladesh heist north korea bangladesh north korean bank heist