Latin America's COVID spike could bring a second lockdown
- Published on: 8/12/2020
- Latin America is seeing worrisome spikes in infections even in countries that had initially controlled the new coronavirus. Colombia on Tuesday passed 400,000 confirmed cases, becoming the country with the eighth highest total in the world.
The region is the current epicentre of the pandemic.
The economic effects of long lockdowns are also sparking protests.
Al Jazeera’s Alessandro Rampietti reports from Colombia's capital, Bogota.
- Subscribe to our channel: http://aje.io/AJSubscribe
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AJEnglish
- Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera
- Check our website: https://www.aljazeera.com/
- brazil bolivia coronavirus deaths covid-19 second wave aljazeera brazil coronavirus deaths aljazeera english al jazeera english latin america covid-19 deaths coronavirus epicentre latin america coronavirus cases peru coronavirus cases latin america aljazeera live latin america coronavirus deaths mexico covid-19 deaths world health organization covid-19 epicentre al jazeera mexico latest news covid-19 health coronavirus coronavirus second wave