1500th Video! Master Class with VahChef: Festive Family Biryani
- Published on: 12/9/2014
- Dear VahRehVah friends, this is my 1500th video! It has been a marvellous journey and I couldn't have done this without all of you. On this occasion I am announcing a new series on my channel ' Master Class with VahChef! And the first video is the much loved Biryani recipe - there is something for everyone here as I share my favourite recipes of Veg Biryani, Egg Biryani, Chicken Biryani and Mutton Biryani!
For Master Marinade
Oil (left over oil of fried onions) 1/4 Cup
Bay leaves 2 Numbers
Cardamom 5 Grams
Cloves 5 Grams
Cinnamon (1 inch piece) 3 Numbers
Mace 2 Numbers
Nutmeg 1 Pinch
Ginger garlic paste 1 Tablespoons
Coriander 2 Bunch
Mint 2 Bunch
Peppercorns 1 Teaspoons
green chilli 6 Numbers
Curd 500 Grams
Fried onions 2 Cup
Salt 1 0
For Vegetable biryani 1 oz
Beans 4 Numbers
Carrots 3 Numbers
Potato 2 Numbers
Green peas 50 Grams
Lime juice 2 Numbers
Mint paste 1 Teaspoons
Green chilli paste 1 Teaspoons
Shahi jeera 1/2 Teaspoons
Kasoori methi 1/2 Teaspoons
Almond powder 1/2 Cup
Cashew nuts 7 Numbers
For Egg biryani 1/2 Teaspoons
Crushed pepper 1/2 Teaspoons
Lemon juice 1 Teaspoons
Eggs 2 Numbers
For Chicken biryani : 0
Chicken 300 Grams
Cashew nut powder 1/4 Cup
White pepper powder 1/2 Teaspoons
Lemon juice 1 Teaspoons
For Lamb biryani 0
Mutton 300 Grams
Raw papaya paste 1 Teaspoons
Red chilli powder 1 Tablespoons
Lemon juice 1 Teaspoons
For Khubani ka meetha 0
Khubani 100 Grams
Ghee 2 Tablespoons
Sugar 100 Head
For Biryani : 0
Basmati Rice 2 Cup
Saffron water 1 Teaspoons
1.Take oil (left over oil of fried onions) in a bowl and add bay leaves, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and mace. Grate little nutmeg and add ginger garlic paste, coriander leaves, mint leaves, peppercorn, green chillies, salt and yoghurt.
Mix them properly and add crushed fried onions then keep it aside for 30 min.
For Vegetable biryani
2. Take beans, carrot, green peas, potatoes and lime juice in a bowl. Add mint paste, green chilli paste, shahi jeera and kasoori methi. Now add the marinade sauce, almond powder and mix well.
3. Fill the tiffin box with this marinade then add cashew nuts and keep it aside.
Take 3 full spoons of marinade in a bowl and add turmeric, crushed pepper, lemon juice. Mix all the ingredients and transfer it in the tiffin box.
4. Now place two scooped potatoes on it and add the leftover marinade in this.
5. Break two eggs in a bowl and fill the potato with this. Sprinkle crushed pepper on this and just keep it aside. Chicken biryani Take 3 full spoons of marinade in a bowl and add cashew nut powder, white pepper powder and lemon juice. Now add brine chicken pieces and mix properly. Transfer this in the tiffin box.
6.Take lamb pieces in a bowl and add papaya paste, red chilli powder and lime juice.
7. Now rub or mix this with your fingers and keep in the fridge for resting.
8.Add 2 spoons of marinade in this and after mixing transfer this in tiffin box.
Khubani ka meetha
9.Soak khubani in water for 2-3 hours and remove the seeds. Boil them and mash it. Add the same soaked water and sugar then mix it. Keep it aside for a while.
10. Biryani rice (veg, chicken and lamb) Soak basmati rice for nearly 30mn. Add salt in the boiling water then add shahi jeera and oil (left over oil of fried onions). Once water starts boiling add soaked rice and just mix it once.
11. When rice is 75% cooked switch off the flame and take one load of rice to fill in the box of lamb biryani.
12.Repeat the same process for chicken biryani and tap the box so that the ingredients in it sets well.
13.Add saffron water, ghee, and fried onions for each biryani and then close the lid to keep aside.
14.Add ghee in the sweet . Add kevra water for lamb biryani and rose water for chicken biryani at the end and close the box. Now its time to cook all the recipes in a handi.
15.Fill the surface with rock salt or sand.
Scrape little of salt and place the lamb box first then the rest of the boxes.
16. To build steam in the handi place a aluminium mould in between and fill it with rice water. Now start sealing the handi edges with dough and wet it with little water, then keep the lid on. 17. Place some hot charcoal pieces on the lid and put some weight also.
18. Let it cook on high flame for 15 min, medium flame for 30 min and slow flame for 15-20 mn. After an hour remove the lid with the help of a spoon.
19. Now very carefully with the help of cloth take the boxes out. Time to serve hot biryani with very special khubani ka meetha.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel for new fun recipes every week! http://goo.gl/WCdgeV
Follow me on:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/VahChef.SanjayThumma
Twitter - https://twitter.com/vahrehvah
Google Plus - https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/116066497483672434459
Reach Vahrehvah at Website - http://www.vahrehvah.com
- vahchef vahrehvah indian food indian recipes chicken biryani mutton biryani egg biryani vegetable biryani veg biryani biryani recipe biryani recipe vahchef biryani recipe in english chicken biryani vahchef mutton biryani vahchef egg biryani vahchef veg biryani vahrehvah Master Class with VahChef MASTER CLASS FESTIVE FAMILY BIRYANI SEASONS GREETINGS SPECIAL BIRYANI BOX BIRYANI DABBA BRIYAN 30209