Exploring Authentic Tamil-Brahmin Vegetarian Banana Leaf Meal At Iyer Mess In Bengaluru|Malleshwaram13:42
Banana Leaf Spl Meals - Pickle - Dal - Rice - Rasam - Fry - Mango Pickle - Tadka Dal - Mutton Fry
- Published on: 4/28/2020
- cooking and serving 5 Special recipes tohis wife traditional recipes by vahchef. served on banana leaf.
Cucumber dal is a typical dish from Andhra Pradesh, dal cooked with yellow lentils and Indian cucumber.
1 tbsp butter
1 number cucumber
1 pinch cumin seeds
6 leaf curry leaves
100 grams dal
4 piece garlic
2 piece gr chilli
1 pinch hing optional
1 pinch mustard seeds
1 tbsp oil
1 small onion
2 piece red chilli
1 pinch salt
1 pinch turmeric
• boil dal till it is cooked well
• In a sauce-pan, heat 2 tsp oil and add red chilli to it the mustard seeds,and the cumin seeds. hing
• When the mustard seeds begin to splutter add garlic onion and the curry leaves, tomatoes and green chilly.
• add cucumber
• Cover and let it cook well till the tomatoes and cucumber are soft .
• Add the cooked dal and mix well. add butter
• Remove from fire and garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves
This is yet another Chettinad delicacy mutton curry. Chettinad cuisine is very famous all over India and popular .The speciality of this lamb curry is the real taste of mutton is fully brought out without using any masala.No coriander powder or chili powder used.The hot taste needed is from whole red chillies and the garlic used only.
Lamb meat(boneless) 300 g
Pearl onion 20 no.
garlic 20 pods
crushed ginger small piece
Red chili 10no
salt to taste
Oil 3 tbsp
Fennel seeds 1 tbsp
Curry leaf 1 sprig
Take a meat cut into small pieces,wash and keep aside. In a pressure cooker add the crushed ginger, onion and garlic pieces. Saute it well. Add the tomato pieces and saute it, then add the meat along with turmeric powder, salt and saute well for 6 to 7 minutes in low fire. Once the meat pieces have changed colour add water and close lid cook it for 4 vessels.
In a small pan season the curry items are oil, fennel seeds, curry leaf. Now break the chillies into halves and add to the oil.saute for a minute.
After the pressure releases,open the cooker and transfer the contents into a kadai and cook till the water content if any in the curry gets dried up. Usually this curry is made little dry so that it go well with rice and rasam.
his curry which is most compatible with rice will be popular among all in south India.Chettinad is also no exception.I dont think there will be much difference in preparation too.Those who dont like curd rice also will like this curry.For those who cannot take curd can also have this without any problem.Usually people use sour curd for the curry.
Coconut 1 cup
Rice ½ ts
Green chilly 6 n
Coconut Oil 3 tb
Yogurt (beaten) 1 cup
Mustard seeds ½ ts
Fenugreek seeds ¼ TS
Red chilies 4 n
Curry leaves 2 s
1. Take a bowl add coconut, rice (soaked for half an hour) green chilly, make a paste in blender.
2. Cut the okras in 1 inch size and fry them in coconut oil and keep it aside.
3. Take a bowl, add coconut mixture, and adds beaten yogurt, salt, water, and mix it well.
4. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, red chilies, turmeric, hing, curry leaves in this add yogurt mixture once comes to boil switch off the flame, and add okra boil few minutes.
5. Serve this with rice.
- lunch recipe indian recipes Pickle Sweet mango pickle mango pickle dal dal recipes white rice more kolambu buttermilk curry majjiga charu mutton fry mutton curry vahchef recipes wife cooking serving indian food traditional food mango dal tomato dal cucumber dal mutton recipes