Imarti | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
- Published on: 2/9/2015
- Popular indian sweet. Urad dal spirals soaked in sugar syrup.
1½ cup split skinless black gram, soaked and drained
3 tablespoon cornflour
A pinch of orange food colour
2 cups sugar
Ghee for deep-frying
1. Grind with 1 cup water to a fine and thick batter.
2. In a non-stick pan, cook the sugar with 2 cups water, stirring till the sugar dissolves. Add milk and discard the scum. Cook till the mixture attains a one-string consistency. Remove from heat and keep the syrup warm.
3. Take the mixture into a parat and mix well. Add cornflour and colour and mix well.
4. Heat ghee in a non-stick pan.
5. Pour the batter into a jalebi cloth. Pipe out the batter into the hot ghee in two concentric circles in a clockwise direction, followed by scallops in an anti- clockwise direction. Deep-fry till golden and crisp on both the sides.
6. Remove with a slotted spoon and soak in the warm sugar syrup for 5-7 minutes. Drain and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
Cookware by : http://www.wonderchef.in
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor