Nacho Chips by Tarla Dalal
- Published on: 2/6/2015
- Nacho Chips, one of the best accompaniment for dips!
Recipe Link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Nacho-Chips-2868r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: https://www.201tube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Crispy treats for your tooth and taste buds, Nacho Chips have a characteristic texture that is quite different from other chips, perhaps due to the combination of maize flour and plain flour. While a sprinkling of carom seeds and oregano imparts enough aroma and flavour for most purposes, you can add a little chilli powder if you like your chips spicy. Enjoy crunchy Nacho Chips with your favourite dip.
Preparation Time: 2 minutes.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes.
Makes 48 nacho chips.
¾ cup maize flour (makai ka atta)
5 tbsp plain flour (maida)
2 tsp oil
¼ tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
½ tsp dried oregano
Salt to taste
Plain flour (maida) for rolling
Oil for deep-frying
1. Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
2. Divide the dough into 3 equal portions.
3. Roll a portion into a 250 mm. (10”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling and prick it evenly with a fork.
4. Cut into 16 equal triangles and keep aside.
5. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, a few chips at a time, on a medium flame till they turn crisp and golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
6. Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 32 more chips in two more batches.
Cool and store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
- Nachos (Dish) nacho chips food basic recipe cooking kitchen Tarla Dalal (Author) cookery herbs Maize (Food) Cook