What is a Tsunami? Facts & Information - Geography for Kids | Educational Videos by Mocomi
- Published on: 5/22/2013
- https://mocomi.com/ presents : What is a Tsunami?
Tsunami is a Japanese word meaning harbour (tsu) wave (nami).
Animals can sense a tusnami approaching because of their superior sense of hearing. People who have survived tsunamis say that it sounds like standing near a moving freight train.
There are Tsunami warning systems attached to buoys in the ocean that transmit data about the ocean and serve as a warning system.
If the water along a shoreline begins to recede dramatically, it most likely means that a tsunami will follow in a few seconds or minutes.
A tsunami is not just one wave but a series of waves or a “wave train.”
Did you know? Facts
- When tsunamis are near the coast, they slow down but increase in height.
- Tsunamis used to be referred to as tidal waves but aren’t anymore because they have nothing to do with the tides.
- Some tsunamis may not appear on shore as a huge wave but as a quickly surging tide.
If you want to know more about Tsunamis, please visit: https://mocomi.com/tsunami/
For more fun learning Geography videos and interactive articles, visit: https://mocomi.com/learn/geography/
Watch more geography videos in one go here https://www.201tube.com/video/urr53arh--E/video.html
Subscribe here for new and interesting content every week ► ► https://www.youtube.com/mocomikids?sub_confirmation=1
Press Bell Icon 🔔; For Latest Updates.
Thanks for watching! Don't forget to give us a Thumbs Up 👍!
Follow Mocomi Kids - Top educational website for kids,
on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/mocomikids/
on Twitter https://twitter.com/MocomiKids
on Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/mocomikids/
on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/mocomikids/
on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/mocomi-kids
- What is a Tsunami Geography videos for kids what is tsunami tsunami videos how is a tsunami formed how is a tsunami caused information about tsunami tsunami information effects of tsunami about tsunami tsunami video tsunami facts what causes a tsunami earthquake tsunami earthquakes and tsunamis tsunami awareness geography for kids earth studies earth science mocomi mocomikids educational website learning website e learning website