Tamarind Corn | Cooksmart | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
- Published on: 2/8/2018
- Corn kernels coated with spiced flour deep fried and mixed with tamarind paste and coloured peppers, perfect as something to snack on!
1 cup corn kernels
1 tbsp tamarind paste
1 tbsp oil + to deep-fry
1 medium onion
½ medium red capsicum
½ medium green capsicum
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
½ tsp crushed black peppercorns
Salt to taste
1½ tbsps cornstarch
2 green chillies, finely chopped
3-4 stalks spring onion green
1. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
2. Boil corn kernels in plenty of water till nearly done.
3. Dice onion, red capsicum and green capsicum.
4. Strain the corn and put into a large mixing bowl.
5. Add ginger-garlic paste, crushed black peppercorns, salt and cornstarch and mix well.
6. Drop the corn, a little at a time, into hot oil and deep fry till light golden. Drain on a plate.
7. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick wok, add onions and saute lightly. Add red and green capsicums, tamarind paste, 2 tbsps water and mix well.
8. Add green chillies and salt and mix.
9. Roughly chop spring onion greens.
10. Add fried corn and spring onion greens to the wok and mix well.
11. Serve hot.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware. Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor