Day in the Life of a Typical Japanese University Student
- Published on: 12/27/2019
- A day in Japanese college student life in the greater Tokyo area. Follow a Keio University student from morning until evening. This is a day in the life of University student in Japan attending Keio University, one of the top universities in Japan. Japan university student life is much different than the Japanese salaryman life as college students have a bit more freedom to pursue hobbies, especially in their senior year of school in Japan. An average Japanese student in Tokyo may have between 15-23 course hours per week while a Japan University student 4th year Senior will have much less such as 9 hours of course hours per week. Yusuke, 22 year old Policy Management Major at Keio University lives with his parents in a 2 story house which is commuting distance to school via train and bus. Typical Japanese University life outside of class and study, also allows for part-time jobs and also a social life with friends. In fact, many Japanese students take on part-time jobs and find the time to hang out with friends in groups and join Japanese University Circles. Generally, a typical Japanese student’s class semester grade is based on assignments, presentations, group projects and 1 final exam at the end of the semester. But one interesting aspect about the Japanese university grading system is that many teachers don’t let students know how each category is weighted so students can’t calculate what they need to score on their final exam to earn a specific mark for the class. Watch the video and let me know in the comments how this compares to your University Life in your country.
Watch more Japan Day in the Life Series (Playlist):
Yusuke's YouTube Channel
Join my Paolo from TOKYO community site to get Answers to Questions about Japan schools, travels, etiquette, food, etc. and to connect and share information about Japan.
Help support the channel and get my Toe-kyo Merch
-- Channel Support ---
Want to help SUPPORT my channel, buy me a BEER or Maiko and I DINNER? Thank you in advance!
- PayPal: https://www.paypal.me/paolofromtokyo
- Venmo: PaolofromTokyo (venmo.com/paolofromtokyo)
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/paolofromtokyo
- Bitcoin: 1AUZW1Emio4qtRiBir3EUDey1zi3ssoRsw
Join YouTube Channel Memberships
Check the SHIRTS I wear in my videos
----- Business -----
Want me to feature your business in my video?
Want to send me stuff?
----- For more info about me -----
I'm from TOKYO JAPAN, I've been living here for a long time. I'll be your Tokyo Travel Guide, taking you to the spots I love as well as showing you what to do all around Japan and maybe sometimes overseas. I'm also into Tech so you'll see a few videos about my drone and other cool toys I discover. In short, the channel is all about what I Love, Japan, Food, Travel, Tech and most likely coming FROM-TOKYO, my home.
---- Help me with Translations? ------
----- My Film Gear -----
- Main Camera
(USA Link) https://amzn.to/2GlSvyy
- Main Wide Lens
(USA Link) https://amzn.to/2o5B00B
- Main Portrait/Night Lens
(USA Link) https://amzn.to/2NzjcCd
- Powered Mic
(USA Link) https://amzn.to/2B7HnUM
(USA Link) https://amzn.to/30VtlPV
- Wireless Mic
(USA Link) https://amzn.to/2NFngkI
- Portable TriPod
(USA Link) https://amzn.to/2LKhM6e
(USA Link) https://amzn.to/2PYmjYA
- Drone (Original)
(USA Link) https://amzn.to/2K6qrAW
- For a complete list of my gear:
Access to Music in video:
- Paolo japan japanese student day in the life day in the life japan day in the life of a japanese japanese student life japanese university student japanese college student japanese university student life university student college student university student life keio university university life school in japan japanese school japanese school student college in japan average japanese student typical japanese student 大学生 student life in japan student life